eLearning Tools Empower Your L&D Experts
One of the biggest concerns for organisations adopting an eLearning approach is that it will devalue the learning experience and overwhelm learners with poor quality programs. But we believe the exact opposite is true.
Instead, eLearning tools get your subject experts back on the front foot and delivering their expertise directly to those who need it. It removes complex, overly technical and long winded development from the equation. It allows your specialists to easily develop programs which are tailored specifically to their learners’ needs. Being directly engaged in the course development and design is great motivation and leads to a better quality course and better results.
Here are some benefits of having your L&D team take the in-house eLearning approach:
- They know your audience and they know what works. On aggregate this leads to better outcomes.
- Ease of use for those who don’t have a sound knowledge of IT. (although they still need to know how to structure a good learning experience!)
- By making minor updates themselves, their courses can stay current whilst keeping costs down.
- Speed of development means fewer resources are required both in terms of time and expertise.
Training courses like our Certified Articulate Training allow teams to trial and evaluate authoring tools. Here, teams can play around with these tools without paying for them first, and learn how to structure a course so that it’s both meaningful and engaging. Additionally, course participants will:
- See more clearly and from the learner’s perspective having attended a course themselves, they will get a much better feel for what works.
- Be exposed to a wide variety of approaches. Methods and techniques are changing so fast.
What are your views on eLearning tools? What benefits have you seen? What concerns do you have?