Ways That Birch Provides Better Microlearning Experiences
Here are a few ways Birch Learning Platform moves beyond out-dated Learning Management Systems to deliver microlearning that create better learning experiences.
1. Beautiful Experience Every Time
If you use a holistic modern LMS like Birch Learning Platform, you have responsiveness built in. The learner gets a beautifully consistent experience whenever they want to access their microlearning, and on whatever device – smartphone/tablet/desktop – between appointments, while travelling or on the run, or when they need information NOW, and need to access ‘just in time training’ to assist a customer, client or colleague.
2. Searchable Content
Birch provides a catalogue of microlearning that is easily searchable via title or tags and helps you find exactly what you need, when you need it! It’s not going to be buried in the depths of your intranet somewhere!
3. Various elements that suit your type of learning
Birch Learning Platform allows you to add various elements to a microlearning goal. Here are a few examples:
- Document upload. Upload the steps of a new or changed procedure as a short microlearning event (maybe a checklist to refer to?). This allows learners to download and review them when they need. If its new, and they’re not sure, they can download the step by step process to complete a procedure quickly and efficiently, and then move on with their day!
- Got some great ‘best practice’ ideas? Or maybe some ‘shared learnings’, or ‘peer advice’ you want to get to your people? Record them as short videos and use the Upload video element to convert them into microlearning modules and make them available to your people! They can view the video on any of their devices and benefit from their colleagues work experiences and discoveries!
- You can even get your learners ‘buy in’ to quick and easy microlearning by allowing them to record and upload mini activities in response to any microlearning they have undertaken, or report back on their microlearning experience with the on the job assessment form element.
- Use the built in Test element to create short ‘check your understanding’ quiz or quizzes that you can use as part of spaced repetition allowing the learner to practice embed what they have learnt over a period of time.
- Easily upload SCORM or Xapi content. We showed you how to use Articulate Rise or Articulate Storyline to build microlearning. With Birch you can load it yourself and assign to learners and external contractors or have them register into it themselves. It’s so easy to keep your content up to date with Articulate, so things like policies and procedures are always up to date!
4. Making Compliance Easy
Birch also has the ability to schedule and automatically send out follow up learning activities, that you can use to support spaced repetition for compliance learning activities. It makes it easier and easier for your learner to practice and embed what they are learning, without it being an onerous experience. Easy admin equals happy learners! (AND happy LMS administrators, team managers and trainers!)
5. Easy to find, easy to do and available when the learner needs it!
The Birch compliance graph shows a learner exactly what they need to do, with a one button quick launch for outstanding items, your learner isn’t going to be hunting for the stuff they need. It’s the first thing they see when they log on, avoiding what can be a long drawn out search, as well as many emails, phone calls and frustration about what and when they should have specific learning completed by. What makes this even better is managers’ can also easily get a snapshot of their team and its members compliance score. Anyone not compliant? Then its one click to email and let them know.
If you’re interested in finding out more about Birch Learning Platform and how it can help with your microlearning then please get in touch with us.